We Focus On Your Legal Issues So You Can Focus On Your Life
Jaime M. Boyle
Jaime is the founding lawyer of JMB Law. She practices in the areas of wills, trusts and estate administration, corporate commercial law and contract law.
Born and raised in Prince Rupert, BC, Jaime completed her Bachelor of Arts degree (major in sociology, minor in psychology) at the University of Victoria, BC. After graduating, she moved to Perth, Australia, to travel and surf, and while she was there, she obtained her Bachelor of Law degree at Murdoch University. She then relocated to be closer to her family and has been a lawyer for nine years in Kelowna BC. Jaime provides sound legal advise to a wide range of clients, including individuals, families and small and large businesses.
Legal services are provided through a law corporation.
We deliver comprehensive legal advice to a wide range of clients, across multiple industries
Estate Planning and Preservation
At JMB Law, we work with our clients to create and preserve wealth through business succession and estate planning. We utilize the most up-to-date legal tools and strategies to protect you and your loved ones in the event of incapacity and to preserve your wealth. We take the time to understand each client’s needs and goals. A tailored estate plan is then created so that each clients’ specific intentions and goals are protected. By having a comprehensive and well thought out estate plan, a necessary element of your financial and personal care planning is firmly in place.
- Will preparation and interpretation
- Formation of trusts
- Health Care Representation Agreements
- Guardianship for minor children
- Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Roll-over and freezing transactions
- Contested wills, variations and termination of wills and trusts
Estate Advise and Administration
We also offer legal counsel for executors, administrators, and trustees. We provide advise on legal responsibilities and liabilities and take on the burden of applying for and administering the estate. We fully comprehend that dealing with these matters can be an emotionally draining and complicated process. Understanding the law can be both frustrating and overwhelming, and it’s entirely foreseeable that you will need assistance to make informed decisions. We are here to offer you guidance through each and every step including:
- Advice on Gathering in and safeguarding the assets of the estate
- Reviewing and interpreting the will
- Paying the debts of the deceased and estate
- Applying for the Grant of Probate
- Providing notice to appropriate parties
- Distributing assets to beneficiaries
- Filing the deceased's final tax return and estate returns
- Cancelling the deceased's charge accounts and subscriptions
- Informing government agencies
- Preparing an estate accounting for the beneficiaries
Comprehensive Corporate and Commercial Law
We are dedicated to offering our clients timely attention and personal service for their business and commercial law needs. We advise business owners through all stages of their company's development and succession, whether you are just starting, growing, or selling your business. Businesses often face legal issues that need to be addressed with professionalism and expertise. We work in collaboration with accountants, financial planners, account managers, and other professionals to provide our clients with a well-rounded service that protects them and their business alike.
- Buying and selling a business
- Corporate governance matters
- Legal advise and drafting of employment contracts
- Franchising options and considerations
- Asset acquisition and dispositions
- Commercial leasing agreements
- Drafting and reviewing business contracts
- Dispute resolution